Wednesday, January 2, 2013

DIY toys

This has been a project since before Mr.-1yr-old was born.  Shortly after picking the name I found these (unpainted) on clearance at Michael's for 25 cents each- YES! $1.75! They sat unfinished on my craft shelf for nearly two years. 

For Advent I finished a project for each of my kiddos.  Mr.-1yr-old is having a slight train addiction, so I knew I had to get this project going.  He favors magnetic trains because he is able to connect without assist.  He likes the fact that only one side if finished, because it allows him to match the north and south poles of the magnets correctly. 


Miss.-3yr.-old did not get left out.  Last spring we bought an unfinished birdhouse at Michael's.  We didn't paint it, because hubby bought me a very nice store bought one.  So I had other plans for our sad unfinished one.  First I had to get my handsome man to modify the hole into a door.  Then the destruction of many pine cones took place for the roof.  After a little paint and trifling around our nature sensory tub; a fairy house was built.  It really is more for looks than anything, some of her small fairies fit in it, but not enough room to actually "play inside it".

details: pine cone shingles, acorn cap roof peak, shell chimney, craft moss, tree bark front steps, plastic butterfly, plastic mini bird eggs, dried mushrooms/fungi, silk leaves and flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment