Friday, June 1, 2012

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom ABC by Bill Martin Jr. is a favorite in our house.  Miss.-2yr-old likes the letters, Mr.-1yr-old likes the tune, and I like that I have it memorized and can read it to them while I am doing the dishes or driving in the car.  To add to the fun we made a chicka chicka coconut tree.  

I always wanted to purchase the expensive one at the teacher stores. Then ages ago I saw a magnetic tree made from metal coffee cans.  Well those cans are not easy to come by, so off to the hardware store I went.  I found the PERFECT trunk in the duct work section.  2 of these tubes and 2 caps came to about $12.  

Then I was off to work.
1.  First I put the trunk together
2.  I sprayed it brown
3.  The edges where the two pieces were put together worried me (I didn't want any cuts)  So I hot glued fun a ribbon around it.
4.  I cut out several palm leaves from craft foam, a green translucent place mat and a corduroy cloth place mat.
5. I hot glued on the leaves
6.  I added cheap letter magnets.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment