Friday, May 3, 2013

expensive invites made cheap

I am happy to announce that my little brother will soon be married.  I am excited that the couple allowed me to help with designing and making their invitations on budget (cheap is my specialty!)  We made 200 invitations for about $40.... envelopes and all! 




We had troubles finding envelopes within a reasonable price range that complimented their Malibu blue and coral color scheme.  I really liked the the velum.. but not the costs.  So I was inspired by one of my Christmas gift wrapping ideas.  PAPER BAGS, yes white lunch sacks, 50 for less than $2.00.  Printing them took a little thought (not all printers will feed paper bags, but if yours does, it is a cinch).  Then a quick zig-zag stitch on both ends and a snip of the pinking shears and voila, VELUM-LIKE envelopes!
 

Then I got the honor to design the shower invitations.  I love love love the style.  It is contempory yet with the vintage twist.  I found this design at ourdailyobsessions and I knew I could recreate it.  It took some time in Word (still need to learn Photoshop), but I did it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment