Thursday, September 6, 2012

water bead play

I seem to post several activities that captivate Miss.-3yr-old.  Today is Mr.-1yr-old's turn.  He was very interested in a simple sensory tub.  WATER BEADS, yes the ones you use in floral arrangements. 
color packets.  So it was a $3 project.  The beads I found were non-toxic.  They take about 5 hours to expand to full size in water.
 
He was fascinated by the feel, and spent 30 minutes playing in the tub.  Please note that this activity with a 1 year old requires CONSTANT SUPERVISION.  I couple times he brought it near his lips in curiosity, but I was right there to stop him.  Please do not attempt if you feel your child will not listen to your redirection or if he/she puts everything in her/his mouth.
 
I can't wait until I set the kiddos up with a light table (it is on my sooner than later list to do), this will be the first activity that we do.  http://playathomemom3.blogspot.com/ was my first glimpse of the wonderful things you can do with a light table (including the water beads).  Amazing mom with great learning activities for her kiddos!


No comments:

Post a Comment