Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Monogram book


My little brother is getting married this weekend.  I know he and his bride would appreciate a card and money, but I wanted to give them a little touch of beauty for their home.  I found a Danielle Steele's Book at the Thrift store for 50 cents.  I saw an awesome monogram book on Pinterest [I couldn't track its source :(] and was ready for a project.

I was surprised how easy it was to cut the cover into a 'B' shape with only scissors.  Then slowly I traced the cover on the first page and cut about ten pages at a time.  It is okay if it is not perfect, I prefer the imperfections.   It took 2 hours of mindless work (in front of my Monday night comedy shows) and it was looking awesome. 

After the shape was complete, I flipped through the pages, and crinkled them as I went.  This allowed the book to flair open a little.


Lastly I didn't like the cover, so I mod podged some scrapbook paper to the front and added an embellishment.

All I have to do is add a card attached by a pretty ribbon and its ready for its recipients!

Congrats Bryan and Britny!

No comments:

Post a Comment