Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Long distant bedtime stories (great for far away relatives)

I love books.  It is almost unhealthy of how many children's books I have (and that is after I have purged 80% in the past year).  My justification is I buy them for 10-25 cents at garage sales, and I might need them in my next classroom.  Last time I went through them I found many duplications.  In the past I donated one, but now I have a new use for them. 

We have some relatives that we scarcely see.  I try my best to keep them acknowledged so that Miss.-3yr-old and Mr.-1yr-old "know them".  So now I am sending one of the duplicates to family and friends along with a note.  The note explains that if they ever want to read a book to the kiddos, to give us a call.  I keep our duplicate in a special box so it is easy to find when we get these surprise phone calls.  Miss.-3yr-old and Mr.-1yr-old can follow along and answer any questions that are asked.

When the kiddos get older, THEY will be able to read these and other stories to the recipient.

No comments:

Post a Comment