Sunday, April 29, 2012

Easy Peasy felt board (and game!)

I don't hide my little obsession with felt.  Although it seems like sewing is all I do lately, the truth is... it really doesn't interest me and I don't think I am very good at it.  But... I just have to because of all the CUTE ideas out there.  So for those reasons I use felt whenever possible.  It is easy, you don't have to finish the edges.  In the past 6 months I have made a lot of activities with felt (I guess I should share some of them... that is now on my to do list).  Today is the first time I actually made a felt board.  And Miss.-2yr-old had a blast with the activity.


The board was a sinch to make, less than 5 minutes.  I buy frames at the thrift store all the time for cheap cheap.  So I took out the glass of one and added felt, pulled it tight on the back and put the back on.  Thanks for the idea, www.MarthaStewart.com, Volia!  I also made a 8x10 personal one for Miss.-2yr-old.


The game we played is "little mouse".  There are 6 different colored houses and a mouse.  I would hide the mouse behind a house and Miss.-2yr-old would look for it.  She would say, "Little mouse, little mouse are you in the __(color)__ house?"  I don't know how many times we did it.  This activity is found all over, I got the idea from www.sotomorrowblog.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment